I remember the time, our families first met. We were no more than toddlers, curious about the world. All we to lose were the toys and the attention of our parents and when we cried, we would still be pacified.
I remember the time, we first entered the first grade. You looked so cute and shy, staring down from the world. How i stood up for you when you were bullied. How you never dared to speak up.
I remember the time, it was our first graduation. You broke down in front of me because you felt scared; all your friends parted ways. You rested your head on my chest as i calmed you down. You screamed to the world why, must things be so cruel.
I remember the time, you failed your first examination. I didn't do well either, but all i had in my mind was to cheer you up and make you forget about the pain. Cracking jokes so your tears were of joy and not of sadness. Because in my heart only you mattered.
I remember the time,your first breakup. You had to see the harsh ugly of man, how horrible a slash a boy can inflict on you. You were sobbing non stop and i will never forget how my beige shirt was ruined so badly, but most of all, how my heart broke.
I remember the time, you found the job of your dream. You were so happy and nothing made me happier. You jumped for joy at every step,the silly spring of a young girl. I swore that i would stay by you all your life to take care of you.
I remember the time, you were walking down the aisle in that beautiful gown with another man. I felt really jealous, but all you had for me was feelings of friends. I watched in all loneness, as you said that last 'yes' and the bond was made.
I remember the time, it was so many years after. Your two kids are crying by your cold, heavy body. Your pale face still had the lines of beauty i seen in you when we first met. By this time i was nearly blind, a starving and lone man that had waited all his life.
I remember the time, how everytime, i couldn't bear to tell you, "I love you".
No comments:
Post a Comment